July 13, 2009

Our 4th of July long weekend....

This year for the 4th we went to Boise to be with my family; I can't remember, but I think we have been going up there for the last 3 years. This year we decided to take a few extra days off from work so we could see my brother Brandon who couldn't fly into until the day after the 4th. But here are some (lots) of pictures from our weekend. It was good to see the family. My mom has seen me pregnant and gets lots of pictures, but it was the first time my dad had seen me - since we announced we were pregnant. I am sure he was surprised to see my belly 7-8 months later!

The boys getting ready to battle the wild rapids of floating the Boise River with my dad. (For those of you who don't know, the Boise River is probably the calmest river to float)

Cade getting ready for Harry Potter coming out this week and enjoying lighting fireworks.

No, this ins't a homeless person helping us with fireworks, that is Brandon!

We went to Smith's Ferry to go 4-wheeling and this is a picture on the way home of the Payette River - it is so pretty up that way.

And Michael braving his fear and crossing the famous "swing-bridge" over the river. (This is not the river the boys floated down)
Golf anyone?
So my dad makes Benson golf every Monday - Friday in the back yard by hitting 500 balls at the net and putting about 100 (he has to get it in the hole). It is quite the set up they have going. Benson is pretty good for 6 years old and seems to enjoy it. It makes me laugh that he only does it Monday - Friday, he says it is like a job and he should have the weekends off like everyone else. We all took turns, I accidentally hit one past the net somehow and it went in the ditch - sorry Benson!

Also, my mom and step-dad live in a neighborhood with a golf course, so we all went down for "happy hour" and hit a bucket of balls at the driving range.
I was even able to hit it with belly in the way! I really enjoyed myself and am thinking Michael and I need to start going more often before I pop!
Well, I know this is not the best update, but it was a fun and relaxing weekend hanging out with the family. It was good to see everyone! My grandfather (who is blind) actually got to feel the baby kick. It was great to have him experience that. It was the anniversary of my Grandmother's death, so I really think that it made his day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE boise and it's rivers..You and your belly are adorable..and you really are not that big. Pretty sure you are the most professional pregnant golfer I've ever seen.