August 10, 2009

+/- 3 weeks to go!

I am FINALLY in my last month of being pregnant. Well, I hope my last month. I keep hearing that first time mom's typically have their baby 9-10 days after their due date. I was even reading in a pregnancy magazine that in France they give you your due date at 41 weeks and not 40 like we do in the US of A. So I am saying I am plus/minus 21 days to go! Either way, I can't wait. I haven't minded being pregnant until the last couple weeks it is getting to me. I feel huge and swollen and have just been having a hard time getting around. The baby seems to be positioned right in my ribs and I am sure its because he is running out of room! They say that the baby is gaining 1 ounce per day now and will up until he is born! WOW! I just hope this little guy is NOT 12 pounds!

Anyway - here are some of the pictures of the nursery. My mom and her BFF, Tracee came down and helped me get it all set up and do all the baby's laundry! They were such a big help! We also had a little Shower Luncheon and I will post those pictures later! But here are some pictures of the nursery. (I still have a few updates/changes to make)

Hand-me down crib from my Dad --- and the little guy's Dr. Seuss bedding 
These are some of my favorite frames that I found - I put some Dr. Seuss graphics in them. 
Somewhat full view




I am not sure what everyone else will think, but I am really excited and love the room so far - but like I said I have some other things to do. Including putting his name up with different types of letters. You may or may not get to see it before he is here! I have been pretty quiet about his name because I hate the reactions I get from people. "Oh, really?" - "Are you seriously going to call him that?" - etc. We like it and have to keep in mind that our last name is "ANGELASTRO" not much goes with that! 

And here is my latest pictures of the belly - And yes, I am HUGE! (and remember he is still growing 1 ounce per day! YIKES!) 

Just laugh with me... 
I go to the midwife on Wednesday so we will see if I am progressing at all. I have been having more and more Braxton Hicks, but not sure if it is movin' things along in there. I don't know what to expect with contractions so I don't know if I am having any... And every mom out there just keeps telling me "OH! You will know!" but will I? I have heard of some women that just don't have them as painful as others. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad not having painful contractions! 

8 comments:

Sherry Parker said...

You look great...and the room is very cute. I didn't really feel braxton hicks or real contractions until I was around a 5 and in labor. You might be the same, if not you will feel them and know that they are contractions. Good luck....

Tay and Teigan said...

love it love it! it looks great, as do you. and if his name is the same one you have been thinking i think it's perfect. you didn't change your mind did you?

Linds Forrest said...

Your room is darling! I love the Dr. Suess theme. And you look so cute! I know you said you don't feel cute, but you sure look it. So tiny everywhere then this cute preggo belly! Good luck with these last days!!

dawnelle said...

What a darling nursery. We are very excited for you and you still look great! Good luck with your last month, and get as much sleep as possible.

Lindsey Sharp said...

so cute Jade! you look great! I want to hear the name!!!

Lindsay said...

Ok Jade, I LOVE LOVE the Dr. Seuss theme! SO adorable! You look really cute, and I know you can't wait to see who has been kicking you these last eight months! Im so excited for you!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Love it. Love the room, love the girl, love the name (that I haven't heard yet, so you should tell me). (And say that all in the voice of the gay guy on "My Best Friend's Wedding")

Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss theme is SUCH a cute idea..love it..you are DARLING..and really you are not THAT big..