October 07, 2008

Yes, I am a year older. But no I am not 30!

Happy Birthday to me! 

So my birthday was over the weekend. What a bad weekend to have a birthday too. It poured rain and was just bad timing with work and school.  

Michael did let me pick what I wanted to do and took me to the mall to pick out my present. It worked out because I did have a bunch of returns to make. We had lunch at the Nordstrom's Cafe, I had been craving it for some reason - the soup was delightful with the rainy weather! I got all of my returns done, Michael got a few shirts, and I WENT HOME WITH NOTHING! I couldn't decide what I wanted. Well, I did decide but Michael wouldn't go for the $400 Frye boots. I still am not sure why! They were cute! 

After our mall adventure we came home and I did a little homework/nap before we went to dinner with his family. Rebecca, Trent, and Sammy met us at Lugano's for a DELICIOUS dinner! It was amazing! I think I had one of the best salads ever too! Michael's dad and step mom weren't able to make it last minute because of car issues but they invited us over after our dinner for cake! I have such great in-laws! They are always making sure they make me feel like family. 




I am now 26 years of age. (Wow, now that I type that out - it seems so old!) Some people I work with heard it was birthday and they started guessing my age, and yes, I did hear some 30's come out of their mouths. OUCH.

Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes! 

Now I am back to homework and off to Portland to see my brother Thursday! 


4 comments:

Sherry Parker said...

Happy belated Birthday to you!!! Hey, what's wrong with being 30! just kidding...

Jillyn said...

Yeah Happy Day! Bummer about the boots, I have spent many a day going home empty handed when I really wanted to get something! Oh and I hear that once you are married you take on your husbands age! My sister insists she is 40 because her husband is! I don't get it but.. good luck with that!! Love you!

Jillyn said...

Oh and that baby thing below is just freaky! Your baby will be beautiful! When you have them that is!! Have fun in Portland!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

26 does sound old, right?! 4 more years until 30... ahhh! I love when people say to me "Oh, you don't look that old" like 26 is supposed to look ancient or something.