April 05, 2009

Inspiration from a friend...

The other day one of my dearest friends inspired me or can we say lead me to a craving that I could not resist!
I remember Teigan always making "Texas Sheet Cake" in our college days and I absolutely loved it. I am not that great of a baker so I had never ventured on my own to make it. But the other day she had posted on her blog something about this chocolate delicious masterpiece. And I have not been able to stop thinking about.
So I did some research online - went to one of my favorite recipe websites (www.allrecipes.com) and found a recipe that looked quite tasty.
So here we go. My creation. It doesn't look at tasty as I my friend Teigan's, but it was still delicious. I think I may finish it off before Michael gets home - he'll never know right?? Or I guess I could have added shredded zucchini and carrots like my mother in-law does in her chocolate cake to make it "healthy"
Thanks Teigan for inspiring me and helping with my pregnancy craving!

P.S. Sherry, you probably need to make this now since you are in Texas! 

(Not as pretty as Teigans, but I think I will use a flatter cake pan next time)


(But still very tasty...)

4 comments:

Tay and Teigan said...

Ohhh that looks sooo good! What did Michael think of it? The best part about it is you can freeze it and then eat it for breakfast for weeks! I wish we were closer so we could enjoy cravings together.

I will send you our recipe when I get home. XOXOXO

Lindsay said...

Hi Jade! Congrats on the baby! We are so excited for yoU! This is Brians wife Lindsay By the way. Your blog is cute too! I love the heading! Anyways, I just thought I would say hi bc Brian is NOT the blogger in the house! We will add you to ours too!

Unknown said...

dude....i so have the yummiest recipe for texas sheet cake...ate it all the time when I was prego wtih addy.....doesn't it jsut hit the spot!?!? Homemade cinnamon rolls do too

Sherry Parker said...

yummy!!! i will have to make it...or Darin will, he is seriously a much better cook than I!!! send the recipe!