May 04, 2008

Congrats to the graduate!

Michael finally graduated this weekend! We are so proud of him!


My family also came down to celebrate so we had a busy busy weekend entertaining the little ones. We went to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum. It was a great time for the kids and the adults!


On Saturday before by Dad left we went to the park to hang out and let the kids play. It is always so fun to have little ones around. The rest of the day my mom, my cousin Lila, and I ran around Salt Lake trying to make sure we got everything ready for our trip that we thought that left that night*
*See below for story


**Like I said we ran around town trying to prepare for our trip and packing. We had planned all week that my mom would us to the airport and then they would leave the next morning from our place. So we went along with the plans and went to the airport last night at 9:30pm. We approached the front desk and handed the airport attendant our id's and flight information. She gave us a funny look and said "This flight doesn't leave until tomorrow!"
Thank goodness my mom couldn't figure out how to start my car (its a hybrid and you have to push on the brake and touch the POWER button, very tricky) because we were able to get a ride home... I would like to thank my husband of year for this. He was the one in charge of our itinerary. I guess you can say it worked out better.. I got another night with Bellatrix ( I was having a really really hard time last night with leaving her)... I got a good night sleep... and I have more time to make sure we have everything.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Michael!!! We need to celebrate once Casey graduates on friday...and make them wear their hats!!!!

BTW was your wedding cake good after one year? Ours is still sitting in the freezer at my parents.....

Tay and Teigan said...

yes congrats to michael! that's great! and have fun in nyc... great way to celebrate your anniversary! our cake was delicious too. maybe we should all get together for a casey/michael graduating/anniversary party. just an excuse to get to dress up and party again!

Jillyn said...

Okay that is too funny!! I love the story about the airport! Congrats to the big graduate that is awesome! Have fun in NYC! and Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to do lunch!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Congrats to your hubby for graduating... and Happy Anniversary to both of you... and have fun in NYC to both of you! Can't wait to read all about it! P.S. Your hair is so cute!

Linds Forrest said...

Congratulations on graduating Michael!! WOOP! WOOP! That is so awesome!!

Happy 1st Year Anniversary! You probably don't remember me coming to your wedding but it was one of the prettiest weddings I have been to!

Have fun in NYC!!