January 31, 2011

Fork in the road.

This is what I feel like my life has been: School or Family?

I feel like I need to make some decisions in my life and I know that nothing needs to be done right now, but I feel stuck and somewhat lost.  School is kicking my butt - the classes aren't hard, but trying to balance that with my life is too much. As I was driving home from class Saturday evening, I decided that this is not what I want to do. I love learning and think that education is VERY important, but I don't want my MBA right now. I want to be me. What is me? A wife, a mother, someone that is crafty, and someone who isn't stressed all the time with trying to get everything done. I want to eventually have another child and can't stop thinking about when can I with school? I shouldn't plan my life around school.

As soon as I decided to stop going to school (for now, maybe forever) I felt a huge relief taken off of me. Until I remembered that I have a huge assignment due in 2 weeks. I am hoping that I can drop my other class that I am registered for next block so that I get to "me" earlier. 

I have already started looking at some "fun" classes that I would love to take. Photography, zumba, cooking, & maybe even a doula class. 

I hope that I don't regret my decision, so far I am just looking forward to spending more time with the family and less worrying about homework and class. 

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

That's awesome Jade! I am excited for you and getting to do what you want to do. If you become a doula, will you be mine?!

Lindsay said...

Jade! I know what you mean. I really wanted to get my MBA and did ALOT of the footwork to start but then realized that I couldn't do it all, and didn't want to do it all. Life is really hectic sometimes but what matters is that we spend our time doing what is most important. I think you made a really good decision and I know max will really appreciate the extra mommy time. I really think you are awesome and I know you will figure it all out! xoxo!

Tay and Teigan said...

You are amazing! It has to feel so nice to have a decision made. I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you made the right decision. School will be there when you want it to be, and you can still be pushing yourself and progressing in other areas of your life while school is on the back burner. I know your boys will be so happy to have more Jade in their life! Doula class sounds awesome . . . if you end up doing it let me know! Love you.