September 03, 2009

My boys...M & M

Michael and I have officially been parents for 1 week. It has been quite the life change for us, but we are both loving it. I am so grateful that I have such a great husband that is so helpful and willing to do anything for Max or me.
When Michael and I first started dating, kids were probably the last thing that was on his mind. But over the years of us being together he has wanted to start a family. He is great with kids (my little brothers and sister) so I always knew he would be a great dad.
I think that most woman somewhat have a mothering instinct, but the dad's learn with time. Even though Michael didn't put Max's diaper on tight enough that he peed all over himself and blanket; Even though he got a "dust rag" when I asked for a "wash cloth" to clean him; And even if he struggles getting him dressed -- He is already a great dad and will learn to be a great father to our little Max.
I am so grateful for my Michael & Max.






I know they are going to grow to be best buds.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

JADE!!! What an adorable post! I love the picture of their faces so close together! It is definately true that the dads have to catch on a little, but isn't it fun to watch!? Brian said he got to see your little one in person and that he he is so precious and that he thinks max looks like you! Congrats again, we are so happy for you!

Linds Forrest said...

ha ha... the adventures! Those pictures are so precious of them together! Your family is so sweet!! Hope you are recovering well.

Sherry Parker said...

Those are awesome pics...tell Michael not to worry boys leak and pee-pee everywhere even with the diaper on tight!

Jo said...

I laughed out loud when I read about the dust rag thing, that sounds very familiar! That was a great post . . . glad you found yourself a keeper. And now you have another little M to love on :). I bet you are the best mom! xoxo