May 03, 2009

23 Weeks and Counting...

I had another ultrasound last week to check on the little baby's heart. Last time he wasn't cooperating and was sleeping so they were unable to check on 1 chamber of the heart. To make sure everything was fine they rescheduled my ultrasound in the morning to see if he would be more active. And active he was! They were able to see everything they needed and he looks great! The only thing is he wouldn't show off his face, so I didn't get to see that, a little disappointing. 

One thing that was cool... As I was laying on the table with gunk all over me, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. So I looked down at my belly that was hanging out and started to see my stomach move in certain areas! Sure enough the little guy was moving and I was able to see it from the outside! Pretty crazy! 

Also, during the ultrasound, the little guy had the hiccups. It was so cute to see him move on the screen! I am sure the further along I will be able to feel those hiccups! 

Here is a picture from today (23 weeks, 17 more to go) I have been getting bigger and bigger every day! 

I feel like I am starting to look more pregnant and not like I had a big meal. I am feeling great for the most part. I have had horrible heart burn that doesn't seem to go away. I wake up in the middle of the night with it and have even if I don't eat something "spicy" - good thing I have a huge thing of TUMS! 

3 comments:

Sherry Parker said...

You look great!!! Oh I remember the heartburn...ask Darin!!! Don't eat in bed or too late at night and try and stay upright for at least an hour after eating before laying down...it helps!

The Jacobsons said...

You look so cute! I am so excited for you. I had the heartburn too! By the end nothing made it better, I would sleep sitting up! Chewable Rolaids are good too, kinda like a starburst to relieve heartburn :)!

Linds Forrest said...

Hi Jade!! It's been awhile and I am so excited to say CONGRATS!! James will be so excited for you two. You look so pretty pregnant. All little then this cute belly. I hope all is going well. Congrats again that is so great!